Munga stone, also known as parval or red coral is a naturally occurring precious gemstone. It’s a beautiful blood-red colour, and smooth finished texture gives it an elegant look. Astrologers believe that wearing this stone will make the wearer’s life better and prosperous.
Origin of Red Coral Gemstone
Unlike other gemstones, this organic gemstone is formed under the sea over a duration of thousands of years. Formed from marine creatures called coral polyps, through the continuous collection of dead submarine animal and plant remains this coral reef shaped gemstone is composed of calcium carbonate. Other than red, it is also available in pink, purple, vermillion and saffron colour.
Most of the corals are from coral fishing centres around the Mediterranean Sea. Nearly 75% of the world’s total coral is found in Italy. Countries like Sri Lanka, Japan, Taiwan also are well-known for coral production. You can also find low-cost commercial coral stones from China.
Benefits of Red Coral Stone
Around the world, there are many superstitions and beliefs related to red coral stone. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Makes the wearer mentally stronger, that is, provides improved concentration and focus.
- Recovery from diseases like smallpox, chickenpox, measles, piles, cough etc. that are believed to be associated with Mars.
- Aids in physical strength by improving blood circulation and immunity.
- Mars is believed to be ‘bhumi karaka’ in Vedic astrology. So, it is good for real estate businessmen and others related to land and property businesses.
- Helps overcome obstacles and thereby achieve success.
- Worried about unfinished jobs and tasks? Wearing red coral can aid you.
- Mars also represents ‘Mangalya Balam’ or marriage compatibility. So, if you are having relationship or marriage related issues go for red coral.
- Helps to ward off negative energies such as black magic, evil eye, bewitching etc.
- Wearing red coral can help you career-wise as well.
- Can save you from debts and financial issues.
- Helps overcome negative character traits such as impatience, high temper, laziness etc.
- It is believed that this gemstone can curb snake bites as well.
How to Wear Red Coral Stone?
In the human body, wearing this gemstone is associated with blood. It should be worn on the 1st or the 4th finger of the right hand, more specifically the ring finger. The right finger, known as Anamika, represents the Sun, the king of the planets and also a friend of planet Mars. For best results, wear this stone with silver or copper on Tuesday. Make sure the gem is at least 7 Carats before wearing it.
Remember, do not wear Diamond, Blue Sapphire and Emerald along with Red Coral gemstone. Also, people with Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius Zodiac signs should avoid them. It could have negative results on the wearer. So, make sure to consult an experienced astrologer before wearing this gemstone.
How to Identify Real Red Coral Stones?
If you are planning to buy a red coral gemstone as per your astrologer’s recommendation, beware of fake ones. Make sure to get them certified by an expert. The following are 3 easy tests to check the authenticity of a red coral stone:
- Magnification Test : Observe the stone under a magnifying glass inappropriate lighting conditions. If it has an even and smooth surface, it is real.
- Turmeric Rubbing Test : Rub the surface of the coral using a piece of turmeric. If there is a red colour in the turmeric, it is fake.
- Rubbing Test : Rub the red coral using your fingernail. If the stone is fake and made with some type of glass material, you can hear a glass rubbing sound. Otherwise, it is an authentic red coral gemstone.